WHO WE ARE
TECH NORDIC ADVOCATES is Northern Europe’s largest – and only pan-Nordic/Baltic – tech/startup ecosystem network of over 700 startup/scaleup founders, entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, accelerators, corporates and policy makers, working together across the 5 Nordic (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland) and 3 Baltic (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) countries , to grow the Nordics and Baltics into a leading global tech/startup hub, by:
- Helping Nordic and Baltic startups and scaleups scale and grow “at home” across the Nordics/Baltics and expand into other markets
- Stimulate collaboration and innovation between startups, scaleups, corporates, investors and other tech/startup ecosystem players
Why? Because each Nordic and Baltic country is too small to offer scale and access to risk capital and talent for startups/scaleups. So we have to work together and act as one, to attract global investors, partners, accelerators, talent and media attention to the opportunities Nordic/Baltic tech offers.
To achieve that, Tech Nordic Advocates’ members are ‘tech leaders’ – decision makers from 20 year old startup/scaleup founders to experienced investors, accelerators and corporate business leaders. When decision makers meet, we can make things happen quickly, which is Tech Nordic Advocates mission and vision:
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Tech Nordic Advocates’ Mission is ambitious: our aim is to be the leading driving force and platform for Nordic/Baltic tech/startup sector collaboration and growth:
In the Nordics/Baltics: through strong support for startups, scaleups, cross-ecosystem and cross-border collaboration via Tech Nordic Advocates collaboration platforms, working groups (verticals), initiatives and events
Outside the Nordics/Baltics: through promotion of our Advocates, Business Members, and the Nordics/Baltics as a tech/startup hub, to other global tech/startup hubs through our Global Tech Advocates family and events promoting Nordic/Baltic tech/startups in other markets (see image below).
Our Vision is to grow the Nordics/ Baltics into a leading global tech/startup hub.
HOW WE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
Tech Nordic Advocates work through:
1) Tech events – Tech Nordic Advocates own and partner events in collaboration with other leading Nordic and Baltic tech event organizers
2) Working Groups – (verticals): FinTech, Health tech, Smart City, Food Tech, Creative Tech, Tech Talent etc.working to stimulate innovation, growth, new partnerships, networking and knowledge sharing and remove roadblocks to growth at sector level
3) Our Global Tech Advocates family – the direct gateway to tech/startup ecosystem leaders in other global tech hubs across our Global Tech Advocates family from Silicon Valley, to London, Rest of Europe, South America, China, India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand etc.
OUR GLOBAL TECH ADVOCATES FAMILY
Tech Nordic Advocates is the sister organization to Tech London Advocates – London’s influential private sector led tech network of more than 6,000 Advocates, who have played an instrumental role in growing London ‘s tech sector to Europe’s leading tech and startup hub, and part of Global Tech Advocates, the world’s only global tech/startup ecosystem network. As the Nordic/Baltic arm of Global Tech Advocates Tech Nordic Advocates is the direct gateway to other global tech/startup hubs.