Who can join Helsinki Female Tech Founder Frontrunner?
The Programme is aimed at highly motivated women in the digital/tech space, with an entrepreneurial and growth mindset, passion and drive to bring their business ideas to life and/or grow their digital/tech startups/scaleups, through this high-impact Programme. Specifically, it is for current and planned female tech founders in Helsinki/Finland who are:
- Pre-startup (Group 1): Women in employment/finishing university/not currently working/have lost their jobs due to the Coronavirus pandemic, who are considering launching a digital/tech startup and need support from female peers, role models and mentors to get started
- Startup founders/leaders (Group 2): Digital/tech startup founders/leaders who need support, knowledge/experience share, new skills, guidance and advice from peers, mentors, investors and professional advisors to grow their businesses
- Scaleup founders/leaders (Group 3): The same needs as Group 2 AND need to build international networks and support to access and expand in international markets
Selected applicants must be:
- Able to commit 6 months part-time to the Programme and own time to produce the Programme output – see next section
- Committed to completing the Programme and required output (see next section)
- Dedicated to solving a defined business problem using innovative technology
- Committed to launching/growing/scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup
- Driven, coachable and collaborative with an open and adaptable mindset
What do I need to put in and what will I get out of the Programme?
The Programme is high-impact, aimed at women, who are serious about launching, growing and/or scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup and meet the above criteria. At the end of the Programme (completion criterion), participants are expected to produce:
Women in 1) above: an executable business plan to launch a digital/tech startup
Women in 2) and 3) above: an executable (international) scaleup/growth plan.
The Programme is designed to give participants the support they need to achieve that.
How long is the Programme?
How much of my time?
How many places on the Programme?
2 x 3 cohorts @ 20 women in 2022 and 2023, i.e. 120 women in total
When does the Programme start?
The Programme will be run in three cohorts in 2023. The first one kicks off in February. The application deadline is 9 January 2023.
What’s the cost?
The Programme is funded by the City of Helsinki, Tech Nordic Advocates and partners. Successful applicants pay a €300 deposit, refundable on Programme completion and submission of business plan
How do I apply?
You can access the application form here