Welcome to Tech Nordic Advocates / Industriens Fond’s “Women-in-Tech: Founder Growth Support Programme”, designed to help female founders and prospective entrepreneurs launch, grow and scale digital/tech sector businesses, through a three-pronged strategic programme – see image.
Module 1 – International Mentoring Programme is live in Denmark. Modules 2 and 3 will launch January 2022 along with overall Programme launch in other Nordic countries. This page describes the content of Module 1- International Mentoring Programme: Who it is aimed at, joining criteria, content, programme content and what it delivers, how to apply, timeframes, the female tech founders selected for the three Module 1 Cohorts, how to join the programme as mentors and /or experts and contact us for more info.
What's the Programme?
The Programme (Module 1) offers selected applicants:
- Hands-on mentoring: 2 hand-picked Danish and/or international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual goals. Time: up to 10 hours per month (to be agreed with each mentor based on needs)
- One-to-one support (Office Hours): Tailored support, coaching and professional advice (business, legal, financial, technical), delivered by Tech Nordic Advocates and Programme partners in Denmark and internationally. Time: up to 5 hours per month
- Peer-to-peer sessions: Monthly knowledge/experience sharing, competence building (hard (e.g. business plan, selling) and soft skills (e.g. personal branding, communications skills) and networking/matchmaking sessions with Danish and international Programme peers, mentors and partners. Mix of virtual and physical events. Time: 3-5 hours per month
- Community events & networks: Relevant Danish and international events and networks outside the Programme through Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates. Time: variable
- Danish and international global ecosystem: Access to Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates impact ecosystem. Time: variable
The aim and contents of 1-5 is to help Programme participants complete the Programme and required output (see below), tailored to the 3 target groups below.
Who can join?
The Programme is aimed at highly motivated women in the digital/tech space, with an entrepreneurial and growth mindset, passion and drive to bring their business ideas to life and/or grow their digital/tech startups/scaleups, through this high-impact Programme. Specifically, it is for current and planned female founders/leaders in Denmark who are:
- Pre-startup (Group 1): Women in employment/finishing university/not currently working/have lost their jobs due to the Coronavirus pandemic, who are considering launching a digital/tech startup and need support from female peers, role models and mentors to get started
- Startup founders/leaders (Group 2): Digital/tech startup founders/leaders who need support, knowledge/experience share, new skills, guidance and advice from peers, mentors, investors and professional advisors to grow their businesses
- Scaleup founders/leaders (Group 3): The same needs as Group 2 AND need to build international networks and support to access and expand in international markets
Selected applicants must be:
- Able to commit 6 months part-time to the Programme (time investment per 1-5 in ‘What do I get if I join the Programme’ above, and own time to produce the Programme output – see next section)
- Committed to completing the Programme and required output (see next section)
- Dedicated to solving a defined business problem using innovative technology
- Committed to launching/growing/scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup
- Driven, coachable and collaborative with an open and adaptable mindset
What do I need to put in and what will I get out of the Programme?
The Programme is high-impact, aimed at women, who are serious about launching, growing and/or scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup and meet the above criteria. At the end of the Programme (completion criterion), participants are expected to produce:
Women in 1) above: an executable business plan to launch a digital/tech startup
Women in 2) and 3) above: an executable (international) scaleup/growth plan.
The Programme is designed to give participants the support they need to achieve that.
What’s the cost?
There is no cost – the Programme is funded by Industriens Fond, private partners and Tech Nordic Advocates.
Applicants selected for the Programme pay a joining deposit of 2000 Kr, returned on completion of the Programme and required output (business/growth/expansion plan). Deposits are not returned to participants who do not complete the Programme/output.
Overview of Mentor role, requirements and opportunity
What’s the Role of Mentors?
Danish and international Mentors play a crucial role in helping Programme Participants and the Programme as a whole achieve the stated goals. As per ‘What is the International Mentoring Programme?’ above, the Programme offers selected high potential prospective and current female founders/leaders in tech in Denmark access to:
Hands-on mentoring: 2 hand-picked Danish and/or international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual goals. Programme participants are asked at application stage to state preferred mentor characteristics (e.g. business/technical/sales/marketing/specific industry sector expertise, hard (e.g. business planning)/soft (e.g personal branding) skills and preferred mix of Danish/international/female/male mentors.
The Programme is looking for mentors with a mix of those characteristics and a track record as entrepreneurs/business leaders/experts/investors.
Programme Participants are matched with 2 mentors, based on their stated preferences and Programme mentor profiles.
Who's on Cohort 1
So let’s introduce them…
Stine Mølgaard Sørensen – Henriette Glæsel – Rikke Vallentin Stoltz – Fridda Flensted-Jensen – Christina Schnohr – Louise Vinodini Gertz– Jeannette Eis – Hatla Færch Johnsen – Beata Dobsa – Tina Sommer Blønd– Isabelle Aristidou– Lina Nordstrand – Hanne Brinch – Eva Grønbjerg Christensen – Thuri Kledal, PhD – Tina Moe – Leticia Maimann-Roland – Paula Jota Pedersen – Ann Christina Rindom Sørensen – Anne Sofie Rasmussen – Lizette Kristiansen Taguchi
Who's on Cohort 2
Stine Kalmer Jørgensen – Stella Vaka – Shakila Shaheen – Sara Schjemte Madsen – Deepa Marie Daniels – Nathalie Feldman – Catharina Christiansen – Vanderleia Moreira Dionizio – Jessica Marlene Nguema Metoule – Josephine Piplits – Kamari Brown – Mette Bollerup Madsen – Alberte Katrine Schmidt – Anette Thorup – Betina Langemark – Bereniké Hegedus – Inga Stein Burgaard – Merethe Kragh Kiemer – Jannike Horsager Borg – Vanessa Julia Carpenter – Dorte Caroline Knudsen
Who's on Cohort 3
Marie Olafsdottir – Lillian Katrine Kofod – Aditi Garg – Charlotte Rønje – Vera Reshetina – Anastasia Valentin Rasmussen – Lotte Skovgaard Larsen – Susan Poulsen – Malou Nete Storm – Andreea Spaima – Sarah Bach Munkholm – Emilie Frederikke Mørck – Maria Johansen Andersen – Ida Bjerga – Chili Mollerup-madsen – Luna Christoffersen – Anne Sophie Stougaard Byder – Paula Petcu – Mette Mikkelsen – Arizo Osman
What’s the Programme timeline and application deadline?
Cohort 1: February 1st – July 31st, 2021: (Applications closed)
Cohort 2: April 6th (Due to Easter) – September 30th, 2021: (Applications closed)
Cohort 3: June 1st – November 30th, 2021 (Applications closed)