Welcome to Tech Nordic Advocates / Industriens Fond’s “Women-in-Tech: Founder/Leader – International Mentoring Programme” – Module 1 of a 3 module strategic Programme, designed to support female founders/leaders and prospective entrepreneurs in the digital/tech space in Denmark.
The goal of the Programme is to help this group start, lead, grow and scale digital/tech businesses, through dedicated Danish and international mentoring, coaching, advice, competence building, networking and market access.
This page describes the content of the International Mentoring Programme: Who it is aimed at, joining criteria, deliverables, how to apply, deadline for applications, who is on Cohort 1, and information for and how to become mentors.
What's the Programme?
The Programme (Module 1) offers selected applicants:
- Hands-on mentoring: 2 hand-picked Danish and/or international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual goals. Time: up to 10 hours per month (to be agreed with each mentor based on needs)
- One-to-one support (Office Hours): Tailored support, coaching and professional advice (business, legal, financial, technical), delivered by Tech Nordic Advocates and Programme partners in Denmark and internationally. Time: up to 5 hours per month
- Peer-to-peer sessions: Monthly knowledge/experience sharing, competence building (hard (e.g. business plan, selling) and soft skills (e.g. personal branding, communications skills) and networking/matchmaking sessions with Danish and international Programme peers, mentors and partners. Mix of virtual and physical events. Time: 3-5 hours per month
- Community events & networks: Relevant Danish and international events and networks outside the Programme through Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates. Time: variable
- Danish and international global ecosystem: Access to Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates impact ecosystem. Time: variable
The aim and contents of 1-5 is to help Programme participants complete the Programme and required output (see below), tailored to the 3 target groups below.
Who can join?
The Programme is aimed at highly motivated women in the digital/tech space, with an entrepreneurial and growth mindset, passion and drive to bring their business ideas to life and/or grow their digital/tech startups/scaleups, through this high-impact Programme. Specifically, it is for current and planned female founders/leaders in Denmark who are:
- Pre-startup (Group 1): Women in employment/finishing university/not currently working/have lost their jobs due to the Coronavirus pandemic, who are considering launching a digital/tech startup and need support from female peers, role models and mentors to get started
- Startup founders/leaders (Group 2): Digital/tech startup founders/leaders who need support, knowledge/experience share, new skills, guidance and advice from peers, mentors, investors and professional advisors to grow their businesses
- Scaleup founders/leaders (Group 3): The same needs as Group 2 AND need to build international networks and support to access and expand in international markets
Selected applicants must be:
- Able to commit 6 months part-time to the Programme (time investment per 1-5 in ‘What do I get if I join the Programme’ above, and own time to produce the Programme output – see next section)
- Committed to completing the Programme and required output (see next section)
- Dedicated to solving a defined business problem using innovative technology
- Committed to launching/growing/scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup
- Driven, coachable and collaborative with an open and adaptable mindset
What do I need to put in and what will I get out of the Programme?
The Programme is high-impact, aimed at women, who are serious about launching, growing and/or scaling a digital/tech startup/scaleup and meet the above criteria. At the end of the Programme (completion criterion), participants are expected to produce:
Women in 1) above: an executable business plan to launch a digital/tech startup
Women in 2) and 3) above: an executable (international) scaleup/growth plan.
The Programme is set up to give participants the individual support needed to achieve that.
Overview of Mentor role, requirements and opportunity
What’s the Role of Mentors?
Danish and international Mentors play a crucial role in helping Programme Participants and the Programme as a whole achieve the stated goals. As per ‘What is the International Mentoring Programme?’ above, the Programme offers selected high potential prospective and current female founders/leaders in tech in Denmark access to:
Hands-on mentoring: 2 hand-picked Danish and/or international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual goals. Programme participants are asked at application stage to state preferred mentor characteristics (e.g. business/technical/sales/marketing/specific industry sector expertise, hard (e.g. business planning)/soft (e.g personal branding) skills and preferred mix of Danish/international/female/male mentors.
The Programme is looking for mentors with a mix of those characteristics and a track record as entrepreneurs/business leaders/experts/investors.
Programme Participants are matched with 2 mentors, based on their stated preferences and Programme mentor profiles.
Who's on Cohort 1
So let’s introduce them…
Stine Mølgaard Sørensen – Henriette Glæsel – Rikke Vallentin Stoltz – Fridda Flensted-Jensen – Christina Schnohr – Louise Vinodini Gertz– Jeannette Eis – Hatla Færch Johnsen – Beata Dobsa – Tina Sommer Blønd– Isabelle Aristidou– Lina Nordstrand – Hanne Brinch – Eva Grønbjerg Christensen – Thuri Kledal, PhD – Tina Moe – Leticia Maimann-Roland – Paula Jota Pedersen – Ann Christina Rindom Sørensen – Anne Sofie Rasmussen – Lizette Kristiansen Taguchi
Who's on Cohort 2
Stine Kalmer Jørgensen – Stella Vaka – Shakila Shaheen – Sara Schjemte Madsen – Deepa Marie Daniels – Nathalie Feldman – Catharina Christiansen – Vanderleia Moreira Dionizio – Jessica Marlene Nguema Metoule – Josephine Piplits – Kamari Brown – Mette Bollerup Madsen – Alberte Katrine Schmidt – Anette Thorup – Betina Langemark – Bereniké Hegedus – Inga Stein Burgaard – Merethe Kragh Kiemer – Jannike Horsager Borg – Vanessa Julia Carpenter – Dorte Caroline Knudsen
What’s the Programme timeline and application deadline?
Cohort 1: February 1st – July 31st, 2021: (Applications closed)
Cohort 2: April 6th (Due to Easter) – September 30th, 2021: (Applications closed)
Cohort 3: June 1st – November 30th, 2021:
Applications now open. Apply here
(Closes April 14th)