|Have you got what it takes to win the #SmarterCitiesNOW Solution Challenge?
- The #SmarterCitiesNOW Solution Challenge is an Open Call competition for startups/scaleups with/working on smart/sustainable urban development solutions in one or more of the following areas: 1) Sustainability (generally), 2) Construction & Tech, 3) Transport & Mobility, 4) Engineering & Tech, 5) Digital Infrastructure/Digitisation/IOT, 6) Culture, 7) Public Health/People/Communities, 8) Experience
- The #SmarterCitiesNOW Solution Challenge is a #SmarterCitiesNOW: Sustainable Urban Collaboration Forum initiative
What is #SmarterCitiesNOW: A Sustainable Urban Collaboration Forum?
- #SmarterCitiesNOW: A Sustainable Urban Collaboration Forum is a 3 year collaboration programme run by Tech Nordic Advocates’ smart city/IOT network, which brings together startups, scaleups, city councils, regions, established tech companies etc. from across the smart city/sustainable urban development ecosystem to knowledge share, develop smart/sustainable urban development solutions, platforms, innovation projects and expand growth opportunities within the Nordics, Baltics, UK and globally. Click here for details
Who can join the #SmarterCitiesNOW Solution Challenge?
- Any startup and/or scaleup with a smart city/sustainable urban development solution (in development or ready to go) in any of the 8 areas outlined above
What are the prizes?
What do I have to do to win?
To win, your solution must:
- Address one or more of the 8 areas listed above
- Address a specific challenge
- Offer an innovative solution to the stated challenge
- Be scalable
- Be environmentally sustainable
- Demonstrate a commercially scalable business model
Who are the judges?
- The judges are independent experts from the world of smart city and sustainable urban development, including: Torben Klitgård, Director, BLOXHUB; Vibeke Linde-Strandby, Programme Director, LOOP CITY; Michael Ferm, Global Head of Public Lighting, Zumtobel Group; Layton Reid; Head of the School of Architecture and Associate Dean, Ravensbourne, London, and Jamie Anley, GOOD Hotel, London
How do I join the #SmarterCitiesNOW Solution Challenge?
- Please register via the link the below. Shortlisted entries (best 5) will be invited to pitch live to the judges at the #SmarterCitiesNOW event @BLOXHUB in Copenhagen 11-12 October,
where the winner and runner-up will be chosen.
What’s the deadline?
- To join the competition, you must submit your entry by 15 September 2017. Late entries will not be considered