As Summer draws to a close, we’re excited to kick off the Autumn with lots of exciting activities. We’ll keep it short and let our events and news speak for themselves:
- Tech BBQ 24-25 September in Copenhagen
- Our 2018 Annual Summit “Best of Nordic/Baltic (Fin)Tech Summit – Part 2”,15 November in Oslo
- Salesforce.com and Business Member NEWS
- Please share your views on the tech scene
- Latest from Fintech, Smart City and Creative Tech working groups, incl. winners from Monica Hackathon 24-26 August
- Latest from: Global Tech Advocates
- SOME OF YOU STILL HAVEN’T PAID YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE!
1. Heading to TechBBQ 24-25 Sep in Copenhagen? Exclusive 30% discount forAdvocates
Once again, TNA partner Tech BBQ are hosting their annual tech fest in Copenhagen.
See full programme here – we’re delighted that our founder will be moderating a session.
Good news is that Advocates receive an exclusive 30% discount off tickets. What are you waiting for? See you there!
2. Don’t miss: “The Best of Nordic & Baltic (Fin)Tech Summit – Part 2”, 15 November, Oslo
Based on the feedback from our June London Tech Week “Best of Nordic/Baltic (Fin)Tech Summit”, we’re turning our 15 November Annual Summit in Oslo into “The Best of Nordic/Baltic (Fin)Tech Summit – Part 2” in collaboration with The Factory, Oslo Fintech Hub, Finance Innovation, Oslo Business Region, Fintech Mundi, The Norwegian-British Chamber of Commerce and many more. Want to meet investors, partners and potential customers, learn about new competition, incubator and accelerator opportunities, get answers to technical and commercial questions, build and grow your Nordic, Baltic and international network, and learn more about how Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates can help you grow and scale your business? Don’t miss our Annual Summit!
Programme, sponsor opportunities and get your ticket here
FREE for (paying) Advocates: email: email@example.com for registration
3. Salesforce.com and Business Member NEWS
Thank you to Salesforce.com for sponsoring “The Best of Nordic/Baltic (Fin)Tech Summit – Part 2” 15 November in Oslo.
Stay tuned for new opportunities our partnership with Salesforce.com opens up for Nordic & Baltic (fin)tech startups/scaleups.
Heading to Oslo Innovation Week 24-28 September?
Join Business Member Goodwille at their event The world is ready for Norwegian tech (but are you ready for the world?)! Co-hosted with Escalon Services, the event offers a great line-up of speakers covering everything tech startups need to know to conquer the world – from hiring for scale-up and winning PR tricks, to raising investment and getting up to speed quickly in new markets. Read more about the event and sign up here. Hope to see you in Oslo on 25 September!
4. Please share your views on the tech scene
We are working with ourTech London Advocates and Global Tech Advocates family to build a more in-depth understanding of the key strengths and challenges of different global tech/startup hubs, including the Nordics/Baltics. Please help us by sharing your views here . Super quick – we promise:! We will share the responses when the survey period has finished early Autumn. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
5. Latest from the Fintech, Smart City and Creative Tech Working Groups
On 11 September, we spoke to a 500-strong audience about the latest fintech trends from Nordic/Baltic perspective at (Barclays’)Rise London fintech accelerator, London Tech City… key themes included innovation in Paytech, Regtech, Welfaretech, PSD2 and more
Smart City/Creative tech:
On 24-26 August in Roskilde, Greater Copenhagen, our Smart City and Creative Tech working groups (under the #SmarterCitiesNOW programme) partnered with Musicon and the EU MONICA project –looking at how cities can use IoT technologies to improve user experiences and engagement at large, open-air cultural and sporting events – on the #monicahackathon. Great solutions were developed.
And the winners were…..:
Winner: Auricle (sound security solution)
Runner up: Airwallet (payment app): Christian Bonde Mortensen and Nickolai Isaksen
Huge Congrats! Both teams were extremely impressive! Can’t wait to see your solutions implemented!
6. Latest from Global Tech Advocates
Our global tech/startup ecosystem is growing rapidly:
- Tech Scotland Advocates is launching Autumn 2018
- Tech Paris Advocates is launching Autumn 2018
- Tech Japan Advocates launching 2019
- Tech Shenzhen Advocates launching 2019
We are building a global tech/startup community!. Gain access to it by joining Tech Nordic Advocates (see below)
7. SOME OF YOU STILL HAVEN’T PAID YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE
Please do so here ASAP
- FREE access to our events (non-members pay a standard event pass fee)
- Access to the only pan-Nordic/Baltic tech/startup ecosystem network spanning the 5 Nordic & 3 Baltic countries
- Access to Global Tech Advocates: the world’s only global tech/startup network – see above
- Access to Tech Nordic Advocates Working Groups (verticals): meet customers/partners, expand your sector specific network, identify new business opportunities and help remove roadblocks to growth in your sector (vertical)
- Access to Collaboration Platforms: Access to Tech Nordic Advocates’ networking and collaboration platforms
- Personal profiling/branding: Unique opportunity to appear in Tech Nordic Advocates directory of Nordic/Baltic tech leaders for all to see
- New tech sector career opportunities: looking for your next job? Bound to find it within our network
- Looking for talent? Unique access to top digital/tech talent in the Nordic/Baltic/international tech sector
What happens if I don’t pay?
Sadly, if you don’t pay, we will assume you are not interested in the above. So, we have no choice but to remove you from our database and platforms. Not fair on paying members otherwise, is it? If you’re a startup and can’t afford to pay the membership fee, please email the Secretariat .
Help us grow Tech Nordic Advocates and the Nordic and Baltic Tech Sector
Help us grow further by recommending your tech/startup leader friends to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Nordic/Baltic Tech Autumn 2018