International Women in Tech Growth Programme
Welcome to Tech Nordic Advocates‘ International “Women-in-Tech ” Growth Programme – Europe’s only International Growth Programme for Women Tech Founders and Leaders, blending International Mentoring, an Accelerator for high growth tech companies and an Inclusive Umbrella Venture Fund of national and international investors committed to investing in women-led tech businesses to make it easier to access capital, launch, grow and scale tech businesses.
You can find more info below about the specific objectives and contents of the Programmes in Denmark and Finland; who can join; application criteria, how to apply, deadlines, programme dates as well as information for partners, mentors, experts and/or investors, and how to get in contact with us for more info.
We love all genders. Until our world is truly equal for all, we’ll continue to create a space where women can be in equal control and thrive.
For 2023 intake, please visit ‘Denmark’ and ‘Finland’ below
Module 1 - International Mentoring Programme
Module 1 offers selected women-in-tech founders:
- Hands-on mentoring: 2 hand-picked Danish and/or international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual mentee goals and needs. Time: up to 10 hours per month (to be agreed with each mentor based on needs)
- One-to-one ‘Office Hours’ with experts: Tailored support, coaching and professional advice (business, legal, financial, technical), delivered by Tech Nordic Advocates and Programme partners in Denmark and internationally to support each mentee on the Programme. Time: up to 5 hours per month
- Skills development/competence building (the Programme’s own ‘business school)’: National and international experts teach mentees the critical ‘hard’ (business, legal, technical) and ‘soft’ skills (e.g. personal branding, executive presence, communication skills) they need to launch, grow and scale digital/tech businesses supported by networking with Danish and international Programme peers, mentors and partners. Mix of virtual and physical events. Time: 3-5 hours per month
- Community events & networks: Relevant Danish and international events and networks beyond the Programme through Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates. Time: variable
- Danish and international global ecosystem: Access to Tech Nordic Advocates and Global Tech Advocates impact ecosystem. Time: variable
The aim and contents of 1-5 is to help Programme participants complete the Programme and required output (see below), tailored to the 3 target groups below.
Who’s on the Programme
So let’s introduce them…
Stine Mølgaard Sørensen – Henriette Glæsel – Rikke Vallentin Stoltz – Fridda Flensted-Jensen – Christina Schnohr – Louise Vinodini Gertz– Jeannette Eis – Hatla Færch Johnsen – Beata Dobsa – Tina Sommer Blønd– Isabelle Aristidou– Lina Nordstrand – Hanne Brinch – Eva Grønbjerg Christensen – Thuri Kledal, PhD – Tina Moe – Leticia Maimann-Roland – Paula Jota Pedersen – Ann Christina Rindom Sørensen – Anne Sofie Rasmussen – Lizette Kristiansen Taguchi
Stine Kalmer Jørgensen – Stella Vaka – Shakila Shaheen – Sara Schjemte Madsen – Deepa Marie Daniels – Nathalie Feldman – Catharina Christiansen – Vanderleia Moreira Dionizio – Jessica Marlene Nguema Metoule – Josephine Piplits – Kamari Brown – Mette Bollerup Madsen – Alberte Katrine Schmidt – Anette Thorup – Betina Langemark – Bereniké Hegedus – Inga Stein Burgaard – Merethe Kragh Kiemer – Jannike Horsager Borg – Vanessa Julia Carpenter – Dorte Caroline Knudsen
Marie Olafsdottir – Lillian Katrine Kofod – Aditi Garg – Charlotte Rønje – Vera Reshetina – Anastasia Valentin Rasmussen – Lotte Skovgaard Larsen – Susan Poulsen – Malou Nete Storm – Andreea Spaima – Sarah Bach Munkholm – Emilie Frederikke Mørck – Maria Johansen Andersen – Ida Bjerga – Chili Mollerup-madsen – Luna Christoffersen – Anne Sophie Stougaard Byder – Paula Petcu – Mette Mikkelsen – Arizo Osman
Module 2 - Accelerator Programme
An accelerator is a rapid-growth environment, packed with resources designed to take startups from ideation to validation. Typically, accelerator members have a minimum viable product (MVP) in place and are given special access to mentors, advisors and funding opportunities.
Module 2 is an international Accelerator aimed at high-growth (potential) tech businesses founded/led by women, consisting of:
- What’s the objective?:The role and aim of the Pre-accelerator Bootcamp is to ‘Road test’ the high-growth potential of Bootcamp companies to select ‘the right’ companies for the subsequent Accelerator. See 2) below
- How many Bootcamps will you run? There will be 3 Pre-accelerator Bootcamps in 2022 (Cohort 1, Cohort 2 and Cohort 3)
- When will the 3 Pre-Accelerator Bootcamps run?
WEEK 1 (2 days)
Cohort 1: Monday 31 January & Tuesday 1 February
Cohort 2: Monday 28 March & Tuesday 29 March
Cohort 3: Monday 2 May & Tuesday 3 May
- WEEK 2 (2 days)
Cohort 1: Monday 7 February & Tuesday 8 February
Cohort 2: Monday 4 April & Tuesday 5 April
Cohort 3: Monday 9 May & Tuesday 10 May
- What’s the Bootcamp Programme?
Cohort 1 Programme here
Cohort 2 Programme here
Cohort 3 Programme here
- What’s the format?
- The Bootcamp format is interactive workshops, masterclasses, inspirational talks, coaching by the Programme’s national and international Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs), investors and experts, pitch practice and pitching to Bootcamp judges
- How many companies in each Bootcamp? There will be 15-18 companies in each Bootcamp, depending on the quality of applicants
- When will the Bootcamps run? See Bootcamp Cohort 1, 2, and 3 dates here
- Where will the Bootcamps be held? All 3 Bootcamps are physical events (with limited online content). The Bootcamps will be held at Bloxhub, Copenhagen
- How long is each Bootcamp? Each Bootcamp stretches over 2 weeks
- Wow, 2 weeks is a lot. I have a business to run: Exactly! So each Bootcamp week is only 2 days, so that you can focus on your business on days 3, 4, and 5, and then return for Week 2 of the Bootcamp, 2 days only, the following week.
- When will I know if my business has been selected for the Accelerator? Bootcamp participants are told on Day 2 of Week 2 of the Bootcamp if they are offered places on the Accelerator
- What if I am not selected?: Non-selected Bootcamp participants are given feedback by the Bootcamp judges, to help them improve their strategy/execution and success chances in subsequent Cohorts, if they choose to reapply.
- What’s the Objective?: The aim of the International Accelerator is to accelerate the scaleup of selected Danish, high-growth tech companies, led by women, through targeted scaleup support, delivered by Danish and international experts
- How many Accelerators will there be? There will be 3 x 6 month Accelerators (3 Cohorts) following on from the 3 Pre-Accelerator Bootcamps (with a short break in between)
- When will the 3 x 6 month Accelerators (Cohorts) run?
Cohort 1 28 Feb to 9 September 2022 (no sessions in July)
Cohort 2 25 April to 21 October 2022 (no sessions in July)
Cohort 3: 30 May to 2 December 2022 (no sessions in July)
- What’s the Accelerator Programme? See high level Accelerator Programme here (Detailed programme details will be shared with accepted applicants)
- What’s the format?:PROGRAMME BUILDING BLOCKS: Dynamic, interactive programme, delivered by top-notch national and international Entrepreneurs in Residence (EiRs), partners, experts and investors through:
- Interactive workshops, masterclasses, case studies and coaching
- Peer-to-peer groups
- Demo days, pitch and networking events in Denmark and internationally
- Access to potential clients, partners, experts, investors, peers and networks across Tech Nordic Advocates’ Global Tech Advocates’ global tech/startup ecosystem, spanning 22 global tech hubs and 22000 tech leaders
- Introduction to Danish and international investors (see Module 3 also), contacts and networks
- Collaboration with international embassies, partners and accelerators
- Trade missions (e.g. UK, US, Canada) – to be confirmed
- Tech Nordic Advocates’ global women-in-tech community platform
- What will that deliver?
- Give Accelerator companies access to Danish / international experts who know how to scale up high-growth potential tech companies and navigate scaleup “roadblocks”, including specific challenges women leaders of tech companies face
- Help women leaders of high-growth tech companies in Denmark fulfil their potential
- Create new Danish and international peer networks for the benefit of the women leaders of the high-growth tech companies on the Programme, and the tech companies they run
- Help create more Danish high-growth tech companies with international expansion potential, tech-led innovation, exports, sustainable growth, jobs, welfare and equality in business, tech and society
- Strengthen know-how and knowledge share in the ecosystem, by bringing international know-how and expertise to Denmark
- Build new Danish and international partnerships and networks
- Create role models for future women tech leaders in Denmark
- How many Accelerators? There will be 3 Accelerators in 2022 (Cohort 1, Cohort 2 and Cohort 3)
- How many companies in each Accelerator? There will be 15-18 companies in each Accelerator depending on the quality of 1) Pre-Accelerator Bootcamp companies
- When will the Accelerators run? Cohort 1 Accelerator: January-September 2022. Cohort 2 Accelerator: March-October 2022. Cohort 3 Accelerator: April-December 2022. Specific start/end dates to be confirmed.
- How long is each Accelerator? Each Accelerator runs for 6 months
- How much time do I need to devote to the Accelerator? Please assume 20% of your time
- What are the key benefits? The International Accelerator offers a unique opportunity to learn at a rapid pace the critical skills needed to scale a tech business with high-growth potential. Learning-by-doing is vital. The international focus of this Accelerator accelerates that process and adds additional value by injecting international know-how from successful entrepreneurs and experts, to help Accelerator participants compress years’ worth of learning into 6 months, and build international networks in record time, and thus, scale their tech businesses and expand internationally faster
- What makes this Accelerator unique? It’s the only international Accelerator in Denmark/the Nordics/Europe offering targeted support to women leaders of high-growth tech companies
- Women founders/co-founders/c-level leaders (i.e. CEO, CTO, COO, CMO) of high-growth (potential) tech companies (who may have (a) co-founder(s) of any gender)
- Applicants may come from Module 1 of Tech Nordic Advocates Strategic Women-in-Tech Growth Programme OR from outside the programme
- The Programme is funded by Industriens Fond, the City of Copenhagen, private partners and Tech Nordic Advocates
- Successful applicants pay a deposit of 3000 kr before the start of the Bootcamp. Deposits are returned on completion of the full Programme (Bootcamp and Accelerator). Deposits are not returned to participants who do not complete the full Programme.
- Bootcamp participants who are not selected for the subsequent Accelerator will have their deposits returned at the end of the Bootcamp.
- Applicants apply to join the 6 month Accelerator. Successful Applicants are offered places on the Pre-accelerator Bootcamp initially. Successful Bootcamp participants are then offered places on the subsequent 6 month Accelerator. (ie. Applicants submit ONE application only)
- Applicants offered places on a Pre-accelerator Bootcamp must accept and commit to their Bootcamp places within a week of being offered a place. Commitment means payment of deposit (see below) and completion of the 2 x 2 day Bootcamp programme over a two week period. Bootcamp applicants who accept a place on the programme but do not attend all 4 Bootcamp days will not be considered to have completed the Bootcamp, hence will not be considered for the Accelerator OR have their deposits returned
- Pre-accelerator Bootcamp participants who are not offered places on the subsequent Accelerator may submit a new application for subsequent Cohorts
- Succesful Bootcamp companies, offered places on the subsequent Accelerator, must complete this, as a condition of having their deposits return.
- Completion means attendance at the Accelerator sessions and submission and sign-off of an executable scaleup and international expansion plan at the end of the Accelerator Programme.
Who’s in Cohort 1 Accelerator
Katrine LarsenCo-founder & COO, hococo
Isabella Merrild AgdesteinCo-founder & CEO, Focalx
Vera ReshetinaCEO and Co-founder, Workee
Hatla Færch JohnsenCEO and Co-founder, uQualio
Louise Vinodini GertzFounder & CEO, WeBrick
Stine Kalmer JørgensenCo-founder & CEO, digital business developer, dreamplan.io
Jette Louise SkovgaardCEO og founder, Minplan
Thuri KledalFounder & CXO, VR-Nature
Tina Søgaard-PedersenOwner/Director, Vain Dane Athletic
Fridda Flensted-JensenFounder & CEO, The Bubly Company
Julia GebertFounder & CEO, Rysta
Who’s in Cohort 2 Accelerator
Bodil BieringFounder & CEO/CTO, Cyberjuice
Anne Sofie RasmussenCo-founder & CTO, Quick-It
Dorte Caroline KnudsenFounder, Shift
Susan PoulsenFounder & CEO, Advative ApS
Lillian Katrine KofodFounder & CEO, Vent2U ApS
Catharina ChristiansenPartner/CMO, Idealshop
Lena AnderssonFounder & CEO, Go! Running Tours
Mie HaraldstedCEO, Aim Robotics
Jeannette EisFounder/CEO Attendwise
Christine HebertFounder, BlueLobster
Who’s in Cohort 3 Accelerator
Kathrine von GrumbkowCo-founder & COO, Astro
Paula Jota PedersenCMO, Poikilingo
Rikke Vallentin StoltzOwner & CEO, GHC Int ApS
Lisa Ritter-PetersenManaging Director, XLOCK Scandinavia ApS
Elizabeth BoyeManaging Partner, Sociability
Shakila ShakeenFounder/CEO MyMedicalGig
Mia NegruCRO, 2030 Builders
Mie Bøgh ArildsenCo-founder & CEO, Hero
Marie Lommer BaggerCEO, Measurelet
Inga Stein BurgaardCEO, Seek+See ApS
Jannike BorgFounder AceraTech
Module 3 - Inclusive Umbrella Venture Fund
Module 3 is an Inclusive Umbrella Venture Fund organisation of national and international investors, committed to investing in female tech founders/women-led tech businesses
Module 3 includes:
- Establishment and operation of umbrella organisation of Danish and international investors committed to investing in Danish women-led tech businesses
- Introduction to Danish and international investors
- Training: Investment readiness, due diligence, pitch development and delivery
- Pitch events (with partners)
- Active role in Module 2
Who can benefit?
- Women-in-tech potential founders seeking early stage (seed) funding to launch a digital/tech business
- Women-in-tech founders seeking (any stage) to support the growth of their digital/tech business
- Women founders/leaders of high growth (potential) digital tech businesses, seeking capital to scale their digital/tech businesses, incl. internationally
Module 3 invites applicants from within as well as outside Module 1 of the overall programme.
Module 1 - International Mentoring Programme
The International Mentoring Programme launched in Helsinki, Finland in 2022.
The Programme aims to help 2 x 60 women (60 in 2022 and 2023, resp.) to launch and grow tech businesses through a proven 5-step, 6-month international programme. It offers each participant (see target groups here):
1. Hands-on mentoring: by 2 hand-picked Finnish/international “Rockstar” mentors to match individual mentee needs
2. Skills development: training in the key ’hard’ and ‘soft’ skills needed to launch, grow and scale tech businesses, delivered by Finnish/International experts as part of the Programme’s own ‘business school’
3. Access to ‘Office Hours’: with Finnish and international business, legal, financial, technical, leadership, communications and other experts
4. Access to networks: access to Tech Nordic Advocates and Project partner networks and events
5. Access to Tech Nordic Advocates’ international Global Tech Advocates’ impact ecosystem of tech leaders, investors, experts, potential clients and partners
The Programme is complemented by our community platform, linked with Tech Nordic Advocates’ international Women-in-Tech community platform.
The Programme will be run in three cohorts in 2023. The first one kicks off in February.
Who’s in Cohort 1
Laura AvoniusFounder & CEO, Audicin
Windi MuziasariCEO, Resistomap
Kirsi KorhonenFounder, International Fox Agency
Tanja MaloFounder, International Fox Agency
Jenny LawCEO, Little Heroes / Lightning Hero
Piia KuosmanenCo-founder & CEO, Velbi
Eija KivirantaFounder & CEO, Work Pilots
Viktoria HolzmannCEO, Ateria Enterprises
Shweta SinghChief Business Officer, iLu Space
Sonja-Maria IgnatiusCo-Founder & CEO, Kausal
Anna Fatima SambouFounder & CEO, Heemlig
Alejandra CobosFounder, MindMatters
Krista PaloheimoFounder & CEO, Handpicked Cherries
Dona KhuranaCEO, Si6nal
Veera VirintieCEO, Silta Education
Gabrielle MantellFounder & CEO, Live By
Jenny JalastoCEO and Founder, In & In
Kaisa SavolaCEO, Talbit
Inkeri BorgmanFounder & CEO, Gigle
Feiya LongFounder & CEO, Moi Panda
Who’s in Cohort 2
Karen CarterFounder, Pathways
Eunice Hammond-MørklidFounder, Inno-Sci
Mila KoshkinaFounder, FlockIN
Ania LevinzonFounder, ReadAbility
Laura HellqvistFounder & CEO, Fennorr
Becky LuomaCo-founder & CEO, Language Clubhouse
Annu KostiainenCo-Founder & CEO, Neulos
Sienna KrukFounder & CEO, Ouna
Katrina Wendel-MitorajFounder & CEO, SOENIA® by BrainCare
Inga RigandiCEO & Founder, MusicUs Digi
Mridula MuraleedharanFounder, Infitrade
Joanne HylinFounder, Kiklos
Raila LassilaFounder, Valued
Weizel GulfanFounder, Our Everyday Wellness
Suvi SyrjäläinenCo-Founder & CEO, Kodarit
Blen HailuFounder, Kotibet
Krista PaloheimoFounder & Development Director, Bulky