10 Jun TNA Newsletter May 2016
Another busy month AND our 6 month anniversary! It´s hard to believe that it´s only 6 months since we launched Tech Nordic Advocates in Copenhagen. Thank you to all Advocates and Partners, who have helped us grow Tech Nordic Advocates to what is already the go-to tech network in the region. We have achieved so much in such a short space of time – which confirms the need for a senior tech network such as Tech Nordic Advocates in the region.
Key highlights include:
- Our launch event in Copenhagen attracted senior tech leaders, Ambassadors, Charge d’affaires, Chambers of Commerce leaders, Press & Media from across the Nordics, Baltics & UK.
- Soon after, we launched our FinTech working group, which today includes 255 Advocates. We have since launched 3 other working groups; Cloud Computing, eHealth/Welfare Tech, Tech Talent (see below). Next up are Smart City/IOT and Investor/Startup working groups.
- Our Nordic Startup Conference attracted 350 tech startups and investors from the UK, Nordics and Baltics.
- We launched “Podio” – our live collaboration platform, sponsored by Citrix, enabling our 500 Advocates to reach out to other Advocates and network, collaborate, meet investors, talent and partners and group their businesses and the Nordic/Baltic tech sector as a whole.
- Tech Nordic Advocates were media partner for Money 20/20 Europe – Europe´s largest FinTech event. Thank you to all who have approached us subsequently. We are in the process of following up.
- Tech Nordic Advocates are Latitude59 – see below – and Arctic15 media partners and delighted to have been able to offer our Advocates and Partners discounted tickets.
- Great to meet so many dedicated entrepreneurs, investors and decision makers at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in London, for the 110th anniversary Entrepreneurship Forum – Everyday Tech 2016 in partnership with London and Partners and Tech Nordic Advocates. Congratulations toSoundtrap for winning the Startup pitch with Jeanette Carlsson from Tech Nordic Advocates on the Panel of Judges.
- Thank you to Mr. Romualdas Petraitis from the Lithuanian Innovation and Technology Institute and Chair of the Tech Nordic Advocates Working Group on Cloud Computing for setting an agenda for working together on developing digitalisation and putting tech on the agenda. Jeanette Carlsson gave her view on “Tech business collaboration and growth across the Nordic and Baltic region and link to London” alongside the Lithuanian Prime Minister, the Nordic Council of Ministers and the European Commission.
- Also in May, Tech Nordic Advocates were delighted to be invited by Bloomberg to participate in theirNordic Tech Tour connecting UK investors and Nordic Tech Startups.
Highlights for the next 6 months include:
- Expanding the use and role of our Collaboration Platform, Podio, sponsored by Citrix
- Launch of more working groups
- Tech events in the Nordics and Baltics – see below AND
Please reserve 2 November for our first Annual Summit “The Many Faces of Nordic and Baltic Tech” in Stockholm, to be opened by the right Honourable Gentleman, Mr Mark Prisk, The British Prime Minister David Cameron´s Envoy to the Nordics – separate note to follow.
Latitude 59, 31 May-1 June – Tallinn, Estonia
We are proud to be a media partner of Latitude 59, the Flagship Tech Conference in the Baltic Region, where more than 1500+ innovators and startup entrepreneurs meet investors and potential partners.
It is not too late to sign up using Tech Nordic Advocates 20% discount on the ticket price when using this code: TNAtoLatitude59.
Find your business match using the official Latitude59 app
Artic15, June 2-3 – Helsinki, Finland
Not able to attend Latitude15 or wanting to make the most out of it while you are in the region, you can sign up for Arctic15 conference using the TNA Ticketlink, offering our Advocates a €50 discount on tickets with Tech Nordic Advocates being media partners to the event.
London Technology Week 20-26 June – London, United Kingdom
London Technology Week with founding partners Tech London Advocates, is a festival of events, taking place across the city and representing the entire technology ecosystem. No other festival of live events brings together as many domestic and international tech specialists and enthusiasts to London for such a variety of networking, social, learning and business opportunities. Since its launch in 2014 London Technology Week has included more than 400 events and has welcomed delegations from around the world.
We are delighted to announce that Jeanette Carlsson, Founder and Chair of Tech Nordic Advocates, has been invited to joining the panel for the session Making the most of Hackney and London – a Nordic and Baltic perspective.
Some of the most exciting startups coming out of the Nordic and Baltic regions discuss how this city has helped them open up global growth opportunities – useful for international and native companies.The event is supported by Tech Nordic Advocates and Tech London Advocates. Get your FREE ticket here
Nordic FinTech Open, has been re-scheduled for 16. September, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tech Nordic Advocates will, at the Nordic FinTech Open 2016, together withVenture Cup Denmark, Copenhagen Fintech Innovation and Research (CFIR) and Finansforbundet focus on identifying the most promising entrepreneurs within FinTech in the Nordics.
Interested in participating? Deadline is 16th August 2016
For those looking to find out how the latest IT innovations can drive their business forward, join us at the newest event in the IP EXPO event series. Check out IP Expo Nordic for latest news on Speakers, Seminars and Exclusive Keynote announcements for Europe’s Number ONE Enterprise IT Event.
Want to attend? – FREE to Register before 7pm on 26 September.
Click here to join Tech Nordic Advocates FinTech Working Group for the Opening Party of Oslo FinTech Week on 6 June.
Oslo FinTech Week 6. – 10. June will be five days packed with workshops, seminars, meetups and challenges, all to support the growth of the Norwegian FinTech ecosystem. Regulators, entrepreneurs, financial institutions, investors, IT companies, mentors and accelerators – meet to join forces!Next meeting of the Working Group will also take place in Oslo, during the Oslo FinTech Week. Invitation to follow on Podio.eHealth/Welfare Tech
Hold the date! The first call/webinar for the eHealth/Welfare tech Working Group is scheduled for the 15th of September 15:00 – 17:00. More info to follow on Podio.Tech Talent
First meeting of the Working Group will be on 22 June 1500 CET. Advocates, who have shown an interest in Tech Talent, will soon be invited to join the Group on Podio.
A new meeting for the Cloud Computing Working Group will take place on 8 June. More details to follow on Podio.
If you are interested in a Working Group, but have not received an invitation to join, please contact the TNA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Nordic Advocates are proud to announce Invesdor as new TNA Partner.
Invesdor is a pioneering equity-based crowdfunding platform. We provide an online investment matching service where entrepreneurs looking to raise equity financing can easily connect with investors who are seeking to discover and invest in exciting growth companies.
We founded Invesdor to solve many of the difficulties and delays associated both with raising funds and investing in new ventures. Our technology facilitates and speeds up the investment process while preserving full customization and control for the individual entrepreneur and investor.
For companies, rather than being forced to spend valuable time looking around for financing, Invesdor provides an easy-to-use online tool through which a business can promote itself and connect with a large audience of potential investors. Invesdor also gives businesses full discretion over how they raise money, including deciding who can see their investment requirements and who should be able to invest.
For investors, Invesdor enables easy searching and access to a wide range of investment opportunities. You may be a business angel, a stock market investor looking for alternative sources of return or someone who just wants to get in early on the next Angry Birds or Facebook. Our investment matching service is a transparent, secure, and convenient alternative to spending time with lawyers and other advisors at lengthy investor fairs and meetings.
Latest Partner News
D Young & Co
Preparing your IP for exhibitions and trade shows: A trade show is a highly effective platform to raise awareness of your new product, discuss collaborative work within your technology or sector, as well as an ideal opportunity to gain inspiration, secure funding and seek out advice. Be cautious however that lack of IP planning doesn’t mean losing more than you stand to gain in a competitive marketplace. To find out more, read Jonathan Jackson’s article on the Tech Nordic Advocates blog here.
Mr. Paul Gillespie, partner at Gillamor Stephens, who will be attending the Latitude59 and Arctic15 invites fellow Advocates to join him. Paul leads the Venture Capital Practice at Gillamor Stephens, delivering global searches to find the best talent for European early and mid-stage technology companies. He is a specialist in the wireless, telecoms, electronics and semiconductor sectors.
The Capital Region of Denmark
Exciting News from the Capital Region of Denmark. Copenhagen, in partnership with Hitachi, has launched the world’s first marketplace for city data, the City Data Exchange, providing public and private data from the metropole. With a special focus on challenges in the city, the data enable new knowledge about, for example, traffic patterns and citizens’ energy consumption, which companies can use to develop new, innovative solutions to create smarter cities. Read the article here
The City of Copenhagen continues its focus and support for developing Copenhagen as a FinTech Hub. The Community is already planning for the return of the Worlds largest FinTech and Payment Systems Event Money20/20 on 26-28 June 2017 in Copenhagen. TNA is looking forward to involve our Advocates in a number of the pre-events inviting Startups from the FinTech Community across the Nordics and Baltics to participate.
Tech Nordic Advocates are looking for more partners to join us on our mutual growth path.
For information on Tech Nordic Advocates partner benefits and how to become a Tech Nordic Advocates partner, click here
Interested in becoming a partner, please email: email@example.com
Our rapid expansion continues. Tech Nordic Advocates are growing at an average of 10 new Advocates a week
Help us grow further by recommending your senior tech network to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Podio, Tech Nordic Advocates’ Collaboration Platform
If you would like to join Podio, but are not yet a Tech Nordic Advocate, please email: email@example.com to become an Advocate.
Stay tuned for
Our June newsletter with more information about TNA 2016 Summit ” The Many Faces of Nordic Tech”, Events and news from the Nordic/Baltic Tech Scene.
Tech Nordic Advocates